Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's been a great long while!

Everytime I see kris, or talk to her on the phone, she ALWAYS without fail, asks me why I haven't been updating my blog! I guess I should, especially now that Eamonn is almost here... I want to remember every moment of this time in my life.

Our little man, Mason Eamonn Stanford, is due on September 24th. Let's hope and pray that he comes on time. After all of the horror stories that Mason's mom has told me about her ginormously huge baby (My husband), I have been freaked out to have Eamonn,! On the contrary, at the last few doctors appointments, I've been told that Eamonn is actually on the small side. When I first heard this, I flipped! I was afraid of maybe a midget baby, or some terrible defect that I had caused from drinking Dr. Pepper. My parents laughed at me saying I was crazy. Apparently that happens to all mothers-to-be. Lol. Even if baby Eamonn does happen to have any kind of malformality, or anything, he will be perfect to me. Especially because in all of the blessings Mason has given me, The Lord has assured me that this baby will be just as The Lord wants him. I know he is a very special baby. I know he has a great future and purpose in The Lord's plan during the last days. I've known that since before he was even conceived.

I have such mixed feelings about being a mom.... I'm excited to see my angel, and to be with him outside of my stomach, yet, I like him just where he is... I know where he is at all times, no screaming, feeding, crying, or diaper changing... sigh. This is all so new, and such an adventure.

Everyone keeps asking if we have his nursery ready yet, but that really is the LAST thing from my mind right now. My Grandma Harr, is suffering insurmountably as she is fighting against liver, stomach, and brain cancer. It really has been such a stress on our family and such a burden to know that she won't be around much longer, yet I have never seen our family come together and work as one before. There truly is opposition in all things. The dr.s say Grams probably only has days or weeks left, and she is such a trooper. I know how hard it must be to be completely independent, to utterly dependent on those around you, unable to walk, talk, drink, sit up, or use the restroom by yourself. It's really taken a toll on Grandpa too. I know that he is suffering almost as much, if not more, than Grandma. It's so hard on him to think that his lover, companion, and best friend of 50+ years is leaving him. What a blessing it is however, to have a sure knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. Yes, it is indeed sorrowful to think that we won't see Grandma in a long, long time, but what joy it brings to my heart to know that this is NOT the last of her. She will be free of all the pains of mortal life, and will be reunited with her loved ones and most importantly, her Savior.

I am really grateful for all that is going on at this time. It really gives me less time to think about myself, and what a nuisance it is to constantly use the restroom and be lumpy and lopsided. When I focus on others, I really realize just how much I have, and I really come to know my Savior so much better.

We have moved out of our tiny little apartment in Orem (600 sq. feet) to our beautiful home in Provo! The Lord really had his hand in helping us get this place. We would've never been able to buy this, without the help of my dad, and for various programs that are in place to try and boost the economy. Provo city paid $20,000 on our downpayment, and a couple weeks ago we had 8000$ put into our bank account, courtesy of the US government... :) It's been such a blessing.

No comments: